28 Aug 2014

review: nyx angel veil primer



Hey guys!

Today, I thought I'd do a review on the NYX Angel Veil Primer! Although it's not available here in Australia, I've noticed that there aren't a lot of reviews on this little tube of goodness. I'm not sure how long it has been available to purchase in the States for, but either no one likes it or nobodies bought it, because I have read probably one review online before buying it.

I used this pretty much everyday for two weeks as a primer in order to get a proper impression of it. I have to mention that this is not the typical primer that I go for. I have normal to dry skin, and definitely prefer a primer that hydrates my face. However, I have been loving what's in this tube! 

Read on to see my thoughts!



Firstly, for a drugstore primer, this tube is incredibly cute! Its white with black writing, and a pink lid. The primer itself is white and silicon based - which i was surprised by because honestly looking at swatches of it online, and even at my own, this doesn't look like a silicon primer. More sort of creamy, and fluffy.

It blends in like a dream and completely brightens my complexion! It goes on completely white, and blends into my skin as I'm pale - however, if you are someone with a darker complexion, this may not work for you as it stays quite white even after its blended in. But, I feel that because it's so white it really really brightens up my face. It also corrects my skin tone really well. I would say it has a similar concept to Korean BB Creams, in that it has a whitening effect on your skin, helping to correct all redness and uneven skin tone. This just doesn't have the skincare benefits of the Korean BB Creams.

Here are some swatches for you:

 

As you can see, it has lightened and brightened my skin considerably, and also corrected the redness and unevenness. I really enjoy this primer for something different in my routine - and according to some people, it is EXTREMELY similar to the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (which retails for $69AU at Mecca). I can't comment as I haven't tried the Hourglass primer (it's on the list), but if you compare $20something to $69, I know which one I would rather be paying.

I found mine on eBay for roughly $20, but you can find it here on BeautyJoint for $19.25 AU.

Have you tried this primer? How did you get on with it?

Until next time my loves...

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!



No comments :

Post a Comment