11 Aug 2014

foundation friday: chi chi cosmetics fabulous & flawless foundation


Hey guys!

Getting back into the swing of things this week - I had a rough week last week and needed to take time to relax and spend time with my family. I hate not blogging but it is time consuming and sometimes you just really need a break from taking photos and writing. I have been MIA from here and not as active on my Instagram, and I apologise if I've missed any interaction or questions from you guys - I will be going through everything today and hopefully I will get back to everyone!

Back to todays post - oh yes, its Foundation Friday/Monday here at COAMA, and the Chi Chi Fabulous & Flawless Foundation was voted as this weeks contender! For those who are not Australian or from New Zealand, Chi Chi is an Australian cosmetics brand that is sold in some of our department stores and online. They're well known here for making great quality affordable cosmetics, and their eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks are amazeballs!

This foundation was relatively unknown until Shaaanxo started talking about it in her videos. I had it on my list and waited until Myer had a 25% off Chi Chi products and brought it then. I've been thoroughly impressed by my whole experience with the product - to the box, packaging and the performance of the foundation itself! Read on to see my thoughts, and whether you should be purchasing this yourself!


First of all, I need to talk about this box. This foundation is available in 9 shades (although, like most drugstore foundations, unfortunately darker skin tones aren't catered too), and on each box is a description of the colour which makes it so much easier to pick out your shade - I only had to quickly swatch this shade, thanks to the colour description! 


In terms of packaging, this feels ANYTHING but cheap! It's a heavy frosted glass bottle with a pump - hurray! Its really sleek and simple, and would look good on atop of anyones vanity!

As for the formula itself, I feel like it is the foundation version of the Chi Chi BB Cream which I absolutely love - it has a decent medium buildable coverage, and looks so flawless on the skin like the name suggests. It does have a strong fragrance - but strangely enough I didn't notice it until I swatched it on my hand for this post! It is a strong floral perfume type smell, but as I said, I didn't notice it when I applied it to my face so maybe it doesn't last that long. But if you are someone who doesn't like products that are perfumed, this may not be for you.

I feel like this is great for my skin too - I have normal to dry skin, and this feels so lovely! Almost as if it is moisturising my face as it sits there. It has a satin finish on me - neither matte nor dewy - and it also has a glow to it. The foundation is yellow based, however I have noticed that it does oxidise a little pink throughout the day. This isn't a huge issue for me, as I don't think its that noticeable to anyone who isn't me (hopefully).

In terms of longevity, this does last on me EXCEPT on my nose and chin - although, I have this issue with almost every single foundation I have tried, so its not unusual. Of course, you can always carry powder and touch up if you are someone who has oily skin or if you have trouble with your makeup wearing off throughout the day.

Here are some swatches for you! (I had taken photos of swatches before - the new Rimmel Lip Crayons are the fricken bomb - so thats the marks that are on my hand)




As you can see, it evens out my skintone and cover my veins and any skin imperfections pretty well. You can also see that the shade runs pretty dang close to the description on the box. Hats off to you Chi Chi - you did damn good, and this is a foundation that I would recommend you try out. Especially given that Myer and Target have sales pretty frequently on the brand, you can always wait to find a good sale and purchase it then.

You can find this foundation here on the Chi Chi website for $29.95AU - and good news, they do ship internationally! Keep in mind though that the price will vary depending on what the conversion is for your country :)

Have you tried this foundation? What was your experience like?

Also, don't forget to vote for this weeks Foundation Friday contenders which will be up on my Instagram shortly! Also its vanity week countdown so my photo quality will hopefully be increasing once I finally have that baby in my life!

Until next time...

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!





3 comments :

  1. This foundation sounds so nice, I wish they had a shade pale enough for me! ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this foundation! It's one of my all time faves, even compared with high end products. <3 <3 We did a review of some Chi Chi products on your blog, please check it out if you get the chance :) http://beautifulbedlamblog.com/?p=309

    ReplyDelete