20 Feb 2014

urban decay naked 3 rose gold eyes tutorial

Hi lovelies!
 
After I reviewed this palette yesterday, I really wanted to do a look with the Naked 3 palette for you! I was inspired to create a soft and romantic look, with the colour Trick as the focus of the look. The Naked 3 palette is so beautiful and versatile, you can easily make so many different looks with it. Urban Decay does not disappoint with these shadows, they are all brand new to this palette and are so buttery and creamy in texture, which makes them super easy to work with. All the shadows have a pink or golden undertone, and blend so well together. With the exception of the base I used, all shadows on my eyes have come from this palette.
 
 
The finished look! All photos have been taken in natural light.
 
Read on to see how I achieved this look :)
 
 
The first thing I used was the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, which is just a shimmery gold bronze. Because I wanted to use rose gold on the lid, I thought using this as a base would help the colour to appear more vibrant. I then used Nooner from the Naked 3 palette to blend the edges. I wanted this to be my transition shade, so blended it into and a little above the crease, and also in my outer corner a little. This is a matte shade, and I thought it was really important to use this as the rest of the shadows I was using did have shimmer in them.

I then picked up the shade Factory, which is a shimmery taupe colour, and pressed this onto the last third of my lid, and a little into the crease. I then put a little bit of Nooner again onto my blending brush, and went over the edges of Factory so that there were no harsh lines.

 
I sprayed my brush with a little bit of setting spray, and then went into the colour Trick, which is a gorgeous glittery rose gold and my favourite shade in the palette. It is a little hard to get the colour to show up, which is why I think its important to wet your brush. This also gives the colour a beautiful, almost metallic sheen. After patting this onto my lid, I also blended it into Factory.


I then went back in with Nooner and blended the edges once more. After this, I cleaned up the edges with my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer to give it a sharper edge. I tend to get a little messy with blending my eyeshadow, and I find concealer really helps the edge appear nice and crisp. I wiped away the fallout under my eyes from the colours,  then went and did the rest of my makeup.

 
I then dipped into the colour Strange, which is a matte white highlight colour, and put this underneath my browbone and in my inner corner.

 
I blended Nooner again under my eyes and blended the edges a little more. I then pressed a little more of Factory into my lower lash line to define it a little more, and placed a little more of Trick into the inner third of that lower lash line, and swiped it a little into Nooner and Factory.




After I finished with the eyeshadow look, I tightlined with a Rimmel Kohl Black Eyeliner, and also used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Bronze in my waterline. I then used my Maybelliner Masterprecise Liquid Eyeliner to create a little bit of a cat eye on my lid, my not too dramatic as I wanted this look to still be soft and romantic. I then used the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara on my upper and lower lashes. 
 
And then you are done!


 
I really hope that you enjoyed this look! I know people say that purples, blues and greens look great on brown eyes and make them pop, but I prefer neutral warm shades, like gold, bronze and browns on my eyes. Its pretty fantastic having brown eyes honestly, because we can pull off almost all colours ;)
 
I would wear this look on a date night to a nice restaurant, or even to a night out with friends. It defines the eyes, but isn't too harsh. You could smoke it up with some black in the crease and outer corner to define the eyes even further and bring a little drama, or make it even softer using Limit (a softer pink) instead of Nooner.
 
Let me know down in the comments below if you liked the look, and if you'd like to see more looks with this palette!
 
xxxxx
 
Products used in this look:
 
MAC Prep and Primer Skin Fortifier Illuminateur Primer
Skin79 Super+ BB Cream
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in Light Beige
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Fair
Revlon Colorstay Eyebrow Liner in Blonde
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light
Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick in 330
NARS Laguna Bronzer
Tarte Off the Cuff Palette - Darling Blush
Elf Eyelid Primer
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Elf Mineral Setting Spray
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - Nooner, Factory, Trick, Strange
Rimmel Kohl Eyeliner in Black
Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Bronze
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black
Kardashian En-Joystick Lip Lacquer in Baby Doll
 
*all products mentioned in this post have been purchased my me, and all photos and opinions are my own unless stated otherwise*


2 comments :

  1. Pretty look! How much do you love this palette?!? Yes, I would like to see more looks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove this palette! And for sure, I'll do another look with it for you soon! :) xxx

      Delete