18 Feb 2014

holiest of holies: my holy grail mascara

Hi lovelies!
 
I really don't have too many holy grail products, ones that I believe to be the best of the best, the crème de la crème if you will. There are some that come close, but not that I will go to the ends of the earth to find because I desperately need it in my life.
 
One of the exceptions to that rule, the one holy grail product that I have continuously used for three years is a mascara. To say that I love this mascara is an understatement. It is everything I want in a mascara and more. Without further ado, let me introduce...
 
The Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara!
 
 
 
This is the original formula, by the way. They do have a waterproof version, and the Diorshow Blackout, which I also own, but this is the best out of all of them. It separates, lengthens and volumises all at once, and even though it is not waterproof, it does not smudge on me at all. It has a super huge brush that grabs every single lash, and is even great to use on my bottom lashes.
 

 
 Close up of the brush :)
 
The big brush is probably my favourite thing about this brush. I prefer mascaras that have big bristle brushes over those with plastic brushes, just because I feel that they give more volume to my lashes. My lashes are quite long, so I prefer volumising mascaras because mine are usually long and spidery. I feel like this mascara gives me a natural false lash effect, and gives me a ton of volume.
 
This is an example of the volume from the mascara:
 
One coat

Two coats
Three coats
 
As you can see between coats, the volume builds and builds, without getting clumpy ever. Usually I would actually put more coats than this on, but I didn't want to go overboard because really, I don't need that much to show you guys how amaaaazing this mascara is. I love this mascara, I am currently on my third tube (with a back up) and I'm sure I will always repurchase. No other mascara I have used comes close to this. Sure, I have other favourites, but this is the one I always find myself coming back to. Because it is so expensive, and can be a little hard to get a hold of in Australia, I mostly use this on special occasions. But, I know if I'm having a bad mascara day (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about), I can always rely on it to fix the situation.
 
Now.. The price. Yes. I got my first tube of this as a gift, so when I went to repurchase, I was a little shocked. This retails for about $51-52AU, and is available in selected Myer and David Jones stores. I haven't been able to find it much cheaper online, and also I am a bit sceptical because there are a lot of fakes out there. If I'm going to purchase it, I will only do so if I believe it to be the real deal.
 
 When I went to New York last year, I purchased two tubes for $25US (about $28AU) each in Sephora, which is a lot more reasonable. Because this isn't an everyday mascara for me, I won't be running out for a while, but once I do, if family or friends are going overseas, I will ask them to repurchase it for me. I love this mascara so much, but it does break the bank. And if I can get it for cheaper, why not?
 
What mascaras do you guys love? Is there any that I should be trying? Let me know in the comments below :) Also, if anyone has a drugstore dupe for this, please comment it below!
 
*all products mentioned in this post have been purchased by me, and all opinions stated and photos are my own*

No comments :

Post a Comment